Finding a room
Many students find housing thanks to their network, so let your friends know that you are looking for a room! The websites below can also help you to find accommodation in the area.
- WoonInvest - housing agency WoonInvest owns student accommodation next to Inholland The Hague. The flat has 8 floors and 92 apartments (all 18 m2). Each apartment has its own kitchen and bathroom. Click here to read more about this flat.
- Housing Anywhere - free student to student housing portal offering rooms for short-term sublet.
- Nestpick - find your next flat by showing you only listings that match your needs with filters for price, neighbourhood, room size, amenities and more.
- DUWO - the largest student housing corporation in the Netherlands.
- Kamernet - offers rooms, apartments or studios for rent.
- The Student Hotel - luxurious fully furnished studios. Every room has a private bathroom, a study desk, a flat screen TV, high speed internet and your own bicycle.
- Wolf Huisvestingsgroep - short-stay, fully furnished rooms from €405 per month.
- Het Magazijn - 72 student lofts within walking distance of the center of The Hague.
- Room to Rent - Short-/longstay, furnished rooms, international tenants, nice and quiet neighbourhood.
- RoomPlaza - Book your flatshare with a group or individually.
Did you find a room? Go see it for yourself and always take someone with you. Prepare a list questions in advance, for example:
- Is the landlord reliable?
- Do you have a private entrance?
- Is there heating, a kitchen, a sink, a toilet?
- What about the (fire) safety?
- Does this address allow you register at The Hague Municipality? (registration is compulsory)
- How long is the lease?
Read the contract very carefully before you sign and make sure you understand everything. Check what is included in the rent and what is not. Additional costs are often not covered by the basic rent.
- Gas, water, electricity
- Subscription internet, cable
- Municipal taxes
- Service charge (cleaning and maintenance of common areas)
Looking for more information? Please go to www.studyinthehague.com.