Health Insurance


Health Insurance

During your stay in the Netherlands it is compulsory to have a valid health insurance and we strongly advise you to have a liability insurance as well.

Students from EU countries

If you are an exchange student from a EU member state, you should apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from your own insurance company. Don't forget to apply for a travel insurance and a liability insurance as well. Note: The insurance company IPS offers a special deal to complement your own insurance.
For more information please go to StudentsInsured.

Students from non-EU countries

Non-EU students will need to take out an IPS insurance. In case Inholland applies for your Visa, the Recruitment Office will take out the "Insurance Passport for Students" on your behalf. You will receive a copy of the insurance certificate by e-mail which in necessary for obtaining your visa from the Embassy. If your home university is in the EU but you have a non-EU nationality, and if you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you might be exempted from taking out the IPS insurance. In that case, please discuss this with

Part-time job

All international students that have a part-time job in the Netherlands are obliged to take out a Dutch basic health insurance. For more information, please contact the international office of your location.