Are you ready for the chance of a lifetime? The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor's or master's in the Netherlands. The EEA consists of the EU countries + Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The scholarship amounts to a one-time payment of €5,000, which you will receive during the first year of your studies.
Application criteria bachelor programmes
In order to be considered for the Holland Scholarship, you need to be accepted to one of the bachelor programmes of Inholland University of Applied Sciences. Please click on the banner below in order to start your application. Your application does not automatically grant you this scholarship. After submitting your motivation letter, you will have to successfully complete the selection procedure.
Criteria set by Nuffic
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor's or master's at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions;
- You meet the specific enrolment requirements of Inholland University of Applied Sciences for a bachelor's degree;
- You have never before studied at an education institution in the Netherlands.
Criteria set by Inholland
- You need to be admissible to your chosen programme and need to have submitted all necessary documents by the official deadline.
- You need to submit a motivation letter consisting of a detailed analysis of your strengths and weaknesses and insight into what you will to bring to Inholland's international student body. Once you have applied to the programme of your choice, you will be able to upload the motivation letter to Inholland’s insite.
- You need to meet the additional internal requirements Inholland has put in place for the Holland Scholarship applicants. You will be invited to an interview with a staff member of your chosen programme and a member of the recruitment team.
- Your motivation letter must clearly state the following.
Motivation letters missing this information will not be considered and applicants will automatically be disqualified. You must upload your motivation letter before 1 May 2018.
How to apply
You can apply for the scholarship until 1 May 2018. You need to apply for an international bachelor programme at Inholland in order to be considered for the scholarship. The institution will select those who will be granted the scholarship and communicate directly with you.