Corona measures January 25th: The situation for higher education doesn’t change
With the press conference last night, relaxations were announced for, among other things, the catering industry, sports and the culture sector. It's great that this step has been taken and that we can all do more together.
Higher education is already allowed to have physical classes . With effect from period 3, we will offer almost all your classes completely physically on location again. Important conditions apply in order to be allowed to (remain) open, such as the obligation to wear a face mask in the building and a maximum group size of 75 people, with the exception of exams.
General face mask obligation
You need to wear a face mask (preferably medical, type II) within Inholland’s buildings. There are a number of situations in which an exception to this measure applies, such as when the face mask is experienced as an obstacle to the participation in an educational activity. You do not need to wear a face mask in the following situations:
- When you sit and keep 1.5 meters away from others around you.
- If wearing a face mask hinders the teacher, researcher or student in the teaching or research activity, they may temporarily remove the face mask. For example, when giving a presentation or during educational activities such as singing, dance, drama and sports.
- Also in educational situations where safety is at stake. For example when working with safety glasses on machines.
- When taking an exam, we see a face mask as an obstacle and that is why you do not have to wear one while taking an exam. The exam rooms are furnished in such a way that you can keep your distance from each other.
- If you are unable to wear a face mask for medical reasons, you do not need to wear one. In that case, you can submit a 'self-declaration for the exception of the face mask obligation'.
- Of course you don't have to wear a mask if you are alone in a room or if you eat or drink something.
We wear the face masks for each other
The government's recommendation to face masks is a condition for being able to open education virtually without restrictions. There are different opinions about the corona measures. Respect each other in that. In addition to the people who prefer not to wear a face mask, there are also colleagues and students who find it worrying to come to the University with the high infection numbers. We wear the face masks for each other. Because we have to do it together, we call on everyone to comply with these rules and to hold each other accountable.
Self-testing via Zelftestonderwijs.nl
We continue to ask you to take a self-test twice a week before you come to college. You can order this via www.zelftestonderwijs.nl, or pick up a test from the University building
Do you have corona-related complaints, have you been tested positive and/or are you in quarantine? Then don't come to the University building. Of course, this also applies if you have an exam. You must then contact your study program via mentor or teacher prior to the exam. You should also report this to the student counsellors. If it concerns a first chance, you will take the regular resit. If needed, you can request an extra chance from the Examination Board.
We are very happy to be able to open again and we hope to be able to stay that way. If we all stick to the basic rules and hold each other accountable for them, then we should succeed. Keep in touch with each other. If you have any questions, you can always contact the Student Success Centre or look at Iris under Knowledge Base.