Health Insurance

You need to have a valid health insurance if you stay in the Netherlands. It is your own responsibility to arrange insurance coverage that is best suited to your personal circumstances. Besides this, we strongly advise you to have a liability insurance as well.

Students from the EU/EEA countries

If you are an (exchange) student from a EU member state, you should apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from your own insurance company. Besides that, you also need to apply for travel insurance and a liability insurance 

Insurance company Aon offers a special deal to complement your own insurance. 

Students from non-EU countries

If you are not from the EU,  you will need to take out an Aon Student Insurance. In case Inholland applies for your visa, we will take out this insurance on your behalf. You will receive a copy of the insurance certificate by e-mail. If your home university is in the EU but you have a non-EU nationality, and if you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you might be exempted from taking out the Aon insurance. In that case, please contact

Working in the Netherlands?

If you find a (part-time) job or start a paid internship in the Netherlands, you are obliged to take out a Dutch Basic Healthcare insurance. You risk a huge fine if you do not meet this requirement. This is applicable for both EU/EEA and NON-EU/EEA students. Go to for more information. 


We are here to help

+31 (0)6 - 2111 5555
+31 (0)23 - 522 32 75