Frequently asked questions

Am I allowed to travel to the Netherlands?

Yes but it depends on several factors:

  • The EU travel ban
  • Test results
  • Health declaration
  • Self-quarantine 

Read more here and don't forget to fill in the quarantine check. If you are already studying with us, please also take a look here

What are the requirements to travel to The Netherlands?

On this website you can find the latest information on your specific situation. 

From 22 September onwards, you do not need to quarantine if you are fully vaccinated. If you travel to the Netherlands from or by way of a very high-risk area, you must complete a quarantine declaration form before entering the country. Click here for more information.

Negative COVID-19 Test
People travelling within the EU who can show proof of vaccination or proof of recovery (a Digital COVID Certificate) do not have to show a negative COVID-19 test result. Not vaccinated or not travelling within the EU? You must show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to or returning to the Netherlands from outside the EU/Schengen or a COVID-19 risk area within the EU/Schengen. Click here for more information

When in The Netherlands, what are the COVID-19 guidelines?

For frequently asked questions about COVID-19 in general, visit the website of RIVM.

On the website of the Dutch Government you can find the latest guidelines.

From 22 September onwards, you do not need to quarantine if you are fully vaccinated even if you’ve been in contact with someone who has COVID-19. Check here if you need to self-quarantine.

Where can I get a coronavirus entry pass for venues food and drink venues, events and other activities?

You can find more information about the CoronaPass, how and when to use it, and how to get it on the website of the Dutch government. 

Do I need to wear a face mask inside the buildings of Inholland?

As of November, 6th, wearing a face mask will be mandatory again in the walk-through areas of the University buildings. Which means when you move from class to class, you need to wear your face mask.

Am I as an international student eligible for a vaccination in the Netherlands?

All international students are eligible for vaccination. The essential prerequisite is that you are registered at the municipality of your city and therefore registered in the BRP (“Basisregistratie Personen”). This address is used by the National Institute for Public Health (RIVM) to send the invitation letter for the vaccination.

At the moment registration for vaccination in your home country is not required. However, it is strongly advised to bring proof of your vaccination from your home country upon arrival in the Netherlands. Read more.

Do I need to carry out a self-test in order to study at Inholland University of Applied Sciences?

It is not mandatory, but if you come to the our buildings, we ask you to take a self-test twice a week. If the self-test results are positive, you stay at home and make an appointment for a PCR test at the GGD. It is also wise to do a self-test if you have been vaccinated. New self-tests are available at the reception or exit of our buildings.

Please note: only use a self-test if you don’t have symptoms. If this is the case, please make an appointment for a PCR test.

Am I allowed to travel outside the Netherlands?

The travel ban aimed at non-essential travels is lifted. We follow the travel advice stated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The colour codes are leading. Only if the respective country indicates a positive travel advice (colour code yellow or green) then you are allowed to travel to that specific European country.

From September onwards we can offer more possibilities to travel abroad for study purposes.

What happens if cases increase and the government imposes new measures?

We are reasoning from the positive but in case of potential new local cases of the corona virus or in case of increased transmission figures we revert to a ‘fall back scenario’. This would mean we are going back to full or partially online education.

What is required for online education in terms of laptops and software programmes?

Our advice is to arrange a comfortable remote study desk including a laptop and wifi connection. We use various programmes. Ask via your study programme whether your laptop requires special features. Log in to the university’s network with your Inholland account and start your assignments. Throughout all of our buildings you can study individually on a laptop or with your fellow students.

I have another question, whom should I address to?

More questions and answers about coronavirus can be found on the RIVM website or – specifically with regard to education – on the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.

You can always send an email to

Is it allowed to visit an Inholland location during a lockdown?

Introduction activities will be on campus. Students who have trouble to study at home it is possible to study on campus at a designated workplace. For more information click here. Keep in mind that during a lockdown social distancing is mandatory.